Monday, April 2, 2012

My house!

I haven't posted in a while, but I want to talk about my house. its kinda small, and we only live on the first floor. I guess that my dad thought we might rent it out, but we never did. i also think that my mom said that heating costs would be too high of something. my parents don't make too much money, my dad is self imployed, (dont think i spelt that right) and my mom is a teacher.
i dont want to sount spoiled, or bratty when i say this.. but i wish that we did live down there too. i cant stop thinking about it. there's this one room, it has a blue rug, and this bed, and two windows that dont lead to an enclosed porch. (lol when i talk about my room, i have to remember to do that). and the closet is kinda nice too. i think that i make it sound better than it actually is...
i think that i might start cleaning my porch. "my" porch is most commonly called the "playroom" thats what it has been since my sister and i were very young, (me: 3 her:6) the only way in there, is through my room, or a window in the living room.
i want to make it a hang out and place for me, kinda like a continuation of my room? (you know, i think that this blog thing helps me think of stuff, that usually happens when i talk about myself like this)
the playroom is full of toys, though. some of them i really like, like the dollhouse. its wooden, and it was fixed by my dad, and we have all this nice furnature, that is mixed with fisher price dolls and stuff, but anyway, that thing is one of my favorite possesions, i dont care how odd it really is.  (lots of unexplainable memories, games what not)

last summer, while i was at summer camp, i had my mom and my sister clean and semi redo my room. a lot of stuff was taken out, and i feel like i dont know what i have. i was going to go through my stuff this summer.
its a hard topic to bring up with my mom, cuz i am that kind of person who gets very attached to stuff, even stuff from my child hood that i really dont need anymore.
new thought: if i make the playroom a "continuation" of my room, then i can put some of the stuff from the attic out there, and maybe some of the stuff that i dont play with in the attic for exchange.

the only problem is, is that its a huge job, and it gets really hot out there in the summer, and very cold in the winter, and there are no lights, but i'm sure there are ways to get around these things.

thank you blogging for making me come up with this idea!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. well hey ivy.. do u know my house is even smaller. i live in a 2 bedroom flat. and i dont have my on room too?
    well plz check my blog too and leave a comment.it is
    eshafantasy.blogspot.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thats a bummer! i guess that my house just seems smaller sometimes, either that or we are just spacially challenged! i used to share a room with my sister, and she kicked me out all the time. :(
      i checked out ur blog, its cool!

      Delete